THE TOWN OF KINISTINO
News & Events
Let’s All Go To Kinistino And Celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday
July 1st and 2nd 2017
TAKE YOUR FAMILY AND GO
SATURDAY JULY 1
- Pancake Breakfast – 7:00-9:00
- Parade – 10:30- Contact Angie Taylor @ 864-7001-Carol Spencer @ 864-7604 to Enter floats
- BBQ Lunch – 11:00-1:00
- Kids Bouncers at Kinsmen Park 12:00 -5:00 (The Paddling Pool will be open)
- Museum will be open
- The Amazing Race Kinistino (Brush up on Your History) – 2:00
- Pie, Desserts and Beverages – United Church- 2:30-4:00
- Beer Gardens – 1:30-7:00
- Pasta Supper- 5:00 – 7:00
- Street Dance – 8:00 pm-1:00 am
SUNDAY JULY 2
- Ecumenical Church Service- United Church – 10:00 am
- VintageTractor Pulls- 1:00 – 3:00
- Entertainment in the Park- 3:00-5:00
- Food Truck (pizza, etc.)
- Slow Pitch Tournament depends how many teams. Enter with Melanie Jackson @ 864-7481
- Beer Gardens – 2:00-10:00
- Fireworks at dusk
- Family Movie to follow
LET’S ALL TAKE IN THE SHOW
The Town of Kinistino offers for sale the following property:
Lots 28 & 29, Blk 4, Plan M247
329 & 327 Ruttle Ave (duplex)
A former Kinistino Housing Authority bi-level duplex built in 1976, each side has 3 bedrooms, one bath, kitchen and living room, apprx 1100 sq ft livable floor area on each side. The units were recently painted and had new cabinets installed, as well as the exterior doors and some light fixtures/switches/plugs replaced.
The interior of the property may be viewed on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 between the hours of 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
A tender must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “property tender” addressed to the Town of Kinistino, Box 10, Kinistino, Sask. S0J 1H0.
Tenders must be postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on July 7, 2017.
A certified cheque to the municipality for 5% of the amount of the tender must accompany the tender.
Highest, or any tender, not necessarily accepted.
Successful bidder will have 30 days to provide the balance of cash to complete the purchase. The deposit will be forfeited if the successful bidder does not finalize the agreement for sale within the required time.
All legal costs, title transfer fees and applicable taxes are the responsibility of the purchaser and are in addition to the bid price.
Dated this 14th day of June, 2017.
Administrator, Town of Kinistino
It has been a hard battle with games won and lost but the Kinistino Atom Tigers finished the season as Northeast Champions.
The Kinistino Atom Tigers were 17-1 for the regular season in a league with 15 teams. During the championship games, the Tigers faced Naicam in the first round of playoffs, two games total points. The Tigers won both those games, 8-6 and 11-4.
The Tigers went on to face St. Brieux, best of 3 series for the title. Game 1 was played in St. Brieux. The Tigers played hard, coming back from a 3 goal deficit in the 1st, and won that game 7-6.
Hoping to win it all at home, the Tigers faced a devastating loss in game 2, losing 0-8. However, our players rallied back in game 3 to defeat St. Brieux on their home ice 7-3!